We've overhauled Anon.cafe's Icecast server, named it the Anon.cafe Broadcasting System (ACBS), and are thinking about opening it up for use by boards. You can use audio streaming software (e.g. Mixxx) together with the ACBS to create Internet radio shows that others can tune into, well-known examples elsewhere on the webring being Smug/a/'s r/a/dio, PLW/animu/'s jazz streams, and so on.
The ACBS's secure endpoint is at https://radio.anon.cafe
and will show any playing streams together with links to begin listening to them. This page will only show streams that are active at that moment.
If you consider yourself an anon of one of Anon.cafe's boards and would like to stream over the ACBS, you will need a streamer account. We're still working out the details of how we'll manage this, but at the moment we'd like streamers to have the blessing of the Board Owner whose board the stream is associated with to deter abuse. A Board Owner can bless multiple streamer accounts if they please.
To get a streamer account, please figure out what kind of content you'd like to stream, discuss it on whatever board you'll be streaming it under, secure the blessing of the Board Owner, then post in this thread with answers to these questions:
1. Which board(s) will you be streaming under?
2. What sort of thing do you want to stream?
3. How often do you think you'll stream, and for how long? (This won't serve as a commitment or restriction, it's so that we can understand resource timing.)
4. What would you like your stream's mount URL to be? (For example, a stream mount URL of "pancakestream" will show up in the ACBS as /pancakestream and have a playlist URL of https://radio.anon.cafe/pancakestream.m3u
5. What streamer username would you like?
6. What email address may we send your credentials to, if and when approved?
We'll confirm with the board owner(s) before issuing you a streamer account. Once you have a streamer account, you may use it at will.
Naturally, all of Anon.cafe's Global Rules (see https://anon.cafe/.static/pages/globalRules.html
for details) apply to content streamed on the ACBS. Please keep in mind that the ACBS's server is used for other things as well; we'll try to avoid stepping on a stream's toes, but there might be rare times when it can't be helped. Some things at our provider's level are also out of our control, though we've not seen incidents of that kind for a while.
Of course, you should feel free to have your streams promoted in our global community announcements, which you can read about in >>13261
We hope Anon.cafe and the wider webring will enjoy the ACBS!
Edited last time by root_admin on 10/03/2021 (Sun) 17:19:08.